Leicester Dog Grooming Courses
Bernie Broadway is passionate about training and qualifications in addition raising public awareness for appropriately trained staff and tomorrow's groomers. She is committed to professional development and cares about standards and quality of care for both student and animal welfare.
She is qualified to teach and highly qualified in the grooming industry. Unfortunately the grooming industry is not regulated and there are many groomers who claim to teach and are unqualified not only to teach but are unqualified themselves. This leaves the industry in some areas open to sub-standard training, safety and animal welfare.
The aims here at Leicester Dog Grooming Courses is to have input into achieving success for you the student by giving thorough knowledge of dog grooming by promoting a professional and kind approach in a fun but relaxed environment. All training is to City & Guilds and IPG level and standards. Not only do we offer dog grooming courses, we also offer dog grooming in Leicester.
It will also further the advancement for future qualification of the City & Guild Level 3 and IPG or setting up your own grooming business or employment.
Our team is headed by founder Bernie Broadway (ICMG). We pride ourselves on kind, gentle handling of our customers dogs with a no crate system and high standards of excellence in grooming care.
Bernie's membership with the International Pet Groomer (IPG) has progressed her to almost completion of the prestigious qualification, the International Certification of Master Groomers (ICMG) and hopes to bring it to her students in 2016.Bernie's Qualifications:
- International Certification of Master Groomer
- City & Guilds Level 2 (7763~02) Dog Grooming Assistant
- City & Guilds Level 3 (7763~03) Introductory In Dog Grooming
- BDGA Professional Stylist Qualifications (Spaniel, Schnauzer & Scottish Terrier
- BDGA Higher Diploma Written paper
- TAQA Level 3 Assessor Qualification
- PTLLS Level 3 Teaching Qualification
- SDC and IPG International Qualification
Why Choose Us?
- Passionate staff – the proprietor and the staff at the dog groomers course are not only experienced but also very passionate people who love dogs. We are committed to growing the professional capacity of dog groomers and raise the standards of care to our canine friends.
- Qualified private dog grooming course - the dog grooming field is not well regulated and there are plenty of dog groomers who claim to be able to teach grooming but don’t have the capacity. We are the only private dog grooming course service that is qualified and accredited by the IPG, City and Guilds and other organisations. Our courses and papers are recognised by these and other licensing bodies.
- Speciality courses – we have a variety of courses designed to improve certain aspects of dog grooming as our students might prefer. We also have different courses for specific breeds which are available to students who would like to gain extra experience in certain breeds.
So you’re thinking about dog grooming as a career?
Since the start of the pandemic, so much has changed, particularly with everyone’s jobs and careers. Not only has the pet industry boomed but also working from home has become more of a thing.
I started my grooming career during the 2008 recession and I have never looked back, in so far to say it feels like I have never worked a day in my life. I wanted something that I could do from home, choose my own hours and have the time with my children. Dog grooming ha also played a significant part of my healing towards my emotional health too; after all most animals have healing energy, unconditional love and not overly judgemental!
I have trained students for 14 years and been a dog groomer for 17 years and every student has commented how it had helped with their anxiety, depression, and confidence and has given them a purpose as well as a good income.
Indeed dog grooming can be very lucrative but that doesn’t mean it can’t be hard on the body especially
So how much is this?
Set up costs are relatively small considering the potential of the business. I estimate around £3k for your equipment, I charge £2250 for my 3 week course which can take you to qualification (additional cost and time) there are also very expensive courses out there too unfortunately but if you can do it from home such a garage, outbuilding or even a large summerhouse (12 x 12ft is plenty) shop or van if mobile then other considerations are plumbing, lighting, drainage and possible planning permission although dog grooming is ancillary to the dwelling and each council is discretionary. If you want to visit or have an informal chat with all your questions please call me on: 07930 549717 I look forward to hearing from you!